Monday, October 27, 2008

"Bacon", Ward Halloween Party & Trunk-Or-Treat

So to continue Saturday, the kids & I stopped by Megan Morton's (known in our house as "Bacon" baby shower. When Zach was first talking, Megan babysat for us all the time & he couldn't say Megan - he called her Bacon. I wish I could have stayed, but it was so nice to see Megan, Joan & Darci!.....and of course the Morton's & Michele! Tyler had a Husky game, so I had all the kids & couldn't stay. Man, it sure makes me feel old when my young women are having babies! She is adorable though & will be an amazing mom!













That night we had our Ward Halloween Party & Trunk-or-Treat. The kids & I brought Caleb & Casey with us & the Woodworths met us there! It was an organized chaos, but really fun! We have a great group in the ward that goes all out for our parties. It was a Wizard of Oz theme. Only one problem - every since we moved into this ward, 2 ladies have dressed up as witches at our Halloween party. I'm talkin' all-out, green make-up, warts, the whole bit....cool costumes, but one of the ladies loves scaring Connor, while the other one realizes how far to push the scary bit in front of little kids. She does it every year, but this year was over the top. She did her scary witch cackle & shook in his face - to the point he shook with terror, screaming - I finally had to ask her to go away. I made spider cupcakes for the cake-walk (thanks to an idea from my wonderful Mother-In-Law!).


The rest of the night, including the trunk-or-treat part where Connor hid behind my leg, clinging to me if the witch was within 20ft.of us! Now we know - no witches. :>) Ella didn't quite catch on, but loved following Connor around - until she realized there was candy at the bottom of her bag! (I made the kids trick-or-treat bags this year (2 already cute dish towels sewn together - same size as a pillow case & SO easy!)
Jen brought the kids about 1hr into it & Connor was so happy to see his buddy Luke. That made his night! It's fun for the kids to get to wear their costumes more than once/year.

1 comment:

Mrs.Smith said...

Wow - I love the spiders!