Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bagbalm + Ella = HUGE Mess!

So yesterday morning I went to get Ella up early, only to find she was already up! Usually that's not a big deal - she usually grabs a book or a toy & climbs back into bed. Unfortunately, Ella had decided to climb her dresser & reach up to the 2nd shelf & grab a can of Bagbalm.

For those of you who don't know what that is....it works as an AMAZING diaper rash ointment.....but was originally made as an udder cream....yes...for cows.....
She had emptied out the almost FULL can onto her carpet.........and proceeded to finger paint with it. She also covered her brand new pj's, and did her hair with it....
Well, she must have decided that she had made a mess, because she grabbed her pink fleece hoodie to "clean it up".........only to smash & smear it in more into the carpet.

Let's just say I spent yesterday giving her 3 baths, then washed her hair 2 times with Dawn dish soap.....cuz NOTHING else will break through that grease! She has super soft skin & very conditioned hair now!

As for the carpet..........I tried the vinegar treatment...that got out some of the smaller spots, but dark spots still remain.....but as for the dinner plate size spot..........it didn't touch it! Next I tried baking soda to pull the moisture out. Now we're trying a commercial solution that is kid-safe....that has pulled some of it out.........my last resort will be the Dawn, as it leaves a major residue in carpet..........

Can I just say that I LOVE Ella, but man is she a lot of work! The boys are SOOOO easy compared to her! She definately keeps me on my toes, good thing she is so cute when she does things like this!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yucky mess! Yes that does work wonders on diaper rash!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I can't imagine.

I've often thought it's the cuteness that saves kids from being sold on the black market some days . . .