Friday, March 12, 2010

The Man with the U

Tyler is working for the IFL (Indoor Football League), as on of the officials...specifically as the Umpire. It's a new league, kind of like Arena Football. Basically, grown men who think they should be pro football players....lol. It's a much smaller field, only 50 yards long, and no side lines....I have to admit I was a little nervous before the game started, worried about Tyler getting hit. Luckily he only had a couple close calls, be came out of it totally unscathed.

The kids & I went to his first game tonight. It was a blast! It had been a crazy day already. Braeden & Connor had their first baseball practice right before. We are excited about that....Connor is playing up a level, and he & Brae are on the same team.

So we headed to the game early, so we could have a chance to see Tyler & watch the teams warm up. Tyler was talking to the Grizzly coach as their team warmed up.
To say the boys were just a 'little excited' is an understatement. Along with the job comes 2 game tickets, and a couple guys on Ty's crew weren't using theirs, so we could all go. 4th row seats - not bad. :)
During the National Anthem..
The coin toss....the Mayor of  Kent did the toss. Being in Kent, & Tyler being from Kent....it wasn't a surprise to hear that a bunch of guys that he graduated with were there watching (and heckling him from what I hear).
The only shot of the entire crew........
The boys were able to stand along the wall....and saw quite a few tackles right at the wall....only inches from them....
Workin' it.....the Kent team was quite the group of thugs. Tyler had to stop fights a few times.
Right before 1/2 time, Ella decided she wanted to go home....luckily there was music on periodically, giving her a reason to dance! :) A little boy near by was flirting with her - it was funny. She knew exactly how to work it though....his dad was a real jerk kind of guy though.....swearing at Tyler & one of the other officials quite often...clearly thinking he knew the rules, but he didn't.  I finally told him that her daddy was one of the officials, so he might want to watch his language.....that seemed to help a little.
Check out those boys in the stands....love it!
Makin' a call.......
Nice face boys...
Too funny...me in the top of the picture...taking pics of Tyler...having NO clue that a photographer was taking pics in our direction!
So after the game, another officials wife & I waited with our kids to see our husbands.  The boys were thrilled, because that gave them time to get autographs & a quick picture.  Only as I took the photo did I realize that some crazy woman jumped in the shot!  Her friend was having her boobs autographed....ugh.....who does that? Ick. Luckily the kids missed all that going on, just happy to be talking to the players!

No comments: