Saturday, June 6, 2009

Award Season has Arrived....

Earlier in the year Tyler & I received one of those letters in the mail where the envelope says, "to the parents of....". Now, when I was growing up - those were BAD. (Don't ask me how I know, lol!) So we had gotten these "letters" for both Zach & Brae in the fall, and they turned out to be invitations to come watch the boys BOTH receive awards. They are a surprise to the kids, so they ask the parents to keep it a secret. Now I figured that would be it - but no! A couple weeks ago we got 2 more letters - for both boys! Yay!

Braeden received an Orca Award for Music.Zach competed in the school's BATTLE of the BOOKS - winning round 1, winning finals - becoming the schools overall winners. Their team went on to compete in the District competition, unfortunately it was the exact same time as Zach's first baseball playoff game, which he was already committed to go to (we gave him the choice - he chose baseball). At the assembly, he & his team mates - Allen, KC, & a 5th grade girl were given their award.
Zach received an Orca award for Excellence.
We're so proud of you boys, thank you for making our job as parents to easy!

No comments: