Friday, April 16, 2010

The Wenatchee 10K

is about 5K's longer than I enjoy.  Actually, if I had drank more water, I would have been fine, but it was LONG! The brainchild of Janna, 3 ladies ran the 1/2 marathon, & 4 of us did the 10K. Ever since my back surgery 2 yrs ago, my body likes me better when I walk....not to mention I am totally out of shape! 4 kids sure does change a body!

We left Friday afternoon, 2 cars....Janna's car left early wanting to get checked in...then  I rode w/Janet....little did we realize that we would beat them to Wenatchee by 1 1/2 hrs!  They stopped to shop on the way! Of course we gave them crap about that....duh..we would have loved to shop too! :)  We all took Janna out for dinner that night, to celebrate the big 41 with her! Man I can only dream of looking that good when I hit 41!
Kaitlyn trained & ran the 1/2 marathon as her senior project...Janna was her mentor & turned it into a girls weekend - Janna style (including running of course)!
Janet & Megan Tracy - love them! I don't know what I would do without Janet - she is such an awesome friend!
The 10K walkers (only jogging to pass people, lol)....Janet, Megan, Me, Amy
The superstar 1/2 marathon women - Kaitlyn, Janna, & Rachelle....
All 7 of us waiting for the races to start...
Post race....just a wee bit tired...but it felt SO GOOD to finish!

What girls trip East of the mountains would be complete w/out lunch in Leavenworth? Janna, Amy, Kait, & I  window shopped, lunched & took our time getting home.  It was a great & exhausting day, all in 1!
Janna joked that I'm in charge of planning the next girls weekend. I laughed & told her it won't include running! She said she wants a place to run while we're there....I promised her that there would be ground...to me that qualifies as a place to run. Ha.

1 comment:

Hoovy4 said...

Yeah! So proud of you for taking that on! It does feel good to finish, and what a wonderful example you are for your kids! love you.