Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Bunch of Wild Animals - oh yeah & We Went to the Zoo!

Tuesday I decided to take Ella & Connor to the zoo. Zach & Brae were not happy with me, since they had school....but they've already gotten over it. We invited Jared and the Steven's to come with us. Jared is on spring break too.

On our way, I had just got on I5 from I405, when a white truck almost swerved into me! I was so grateful that we didn't get hurt, but I was so sore that night! I had seen it all happening, & we did have to slam on our breaks & swerve to avoid getting hit, then I had to gun it so I wouldn't get rear-ended....it could have been a horrible accident, but I know Heavenly Father was watching over us! There sure are some horrible drivers out there!

It took forever to find parking, but we ended up on the street & didn't have to pay for parking, so that was a bonus! We ate our lunches that we brought first, so we didn't have to hear the "I'm hungry" whines....then it was off to find animals! Our first stop was the Jaguar - and it was actually out, enjoying the sunshine & taking a nap....
The kids were so excited to see the Gorilla's! There's a new baby gorilla - so cute!
It was fun having Jared with us - with each new animal we saw he was so excited when he found them in the exhibit!
This was the first time at the zoo where I felt like I could let Ella out of her stroller safely....she LOVED it! She kept squealing at the hippo's....
Ella & Garrett had a perfect seat to see the Elephants.....
This African Elephant kept throwing dirt on himself with his trunk....the kids that that was funny - like a dirt bath!At the Orangutangs, Ella loved this one high up in his tree. It almost looked like they were communicating....he was staring right at her & she didn't want to leave the exhibit!
Ella's orangutang close up...
Connor, being the seasoned zoo visitor, has his favorite things we HAVE to see each time we go. He loves the indoor ZooMazium, but Garrett was in a mood where that would have been a disaster, so Connor offered to go to the Willawong Station instead - where you can feed birds & they land on you. They must have changed things since we went a few months ago, because they weren't selling seed sticks.....but the kids still had fun. Ella LOVES birds, Jared did too!
This is the bird Jared INSISTED I take a picture of......at least 3 times! :)
Connor wanted to get closer to the birds, & climbed up on this rock...only to get bird poop on his hand.....I guess that's what he gets for climbing on the exhibit! Don't worry, we used hand sanitizer!
We didn't have time to get to every animal, but I told the kids we'd go again to see the animals we missed. Jared's only request that day was that he wanted to see the kangaroo's....he was excited when the ostrich was in the same exhibit!
Ella was great & is finally letting me take her picture when she is looking in my direction! (sometimes at least!)
We had a great time that day- thanks Mel for letting us borrow Jared! A second car almost hit us on our way home, after dropping of Jared - what is with drivers - you think they've never seen the sun before! Now it's off to baseball!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun, I have been trying to get to the zoo for so long now. I think Alexis would love it!