Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cake-on-a-Stick!

Can it get any better than that? Nope! My friend Amber made these really cute egg cakes for her bow party last week. She told us about the site she got the idea from & I love it! It's called www.bakerella.com
So I love to bake/carve/create cakes, so this is totally up my alley! I just HAD to try it - here was the result!Ella was my taste tester.....they were a hit!
The inside....I chose carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.....Cyndi's favorite :)
Here are the sprinkles & decorations I used. I also used edible marker for the chicks eyes.
One cake mix made ALL these!
How cute are they! Thanks Bakerella for the ideas! Keep them coming!
A gift for Cyndi, cheery and cute, and just cuz she's an amazing friend!

4 comments:

Crossman's said...

I tried to make similar thing with mini cupcakes and it took forever and the chocolate kept getting hard!! I think I ended with 12 that looked okay!!

Unknown said...

Cool! i am going to make them for alexis' birthday party!

Cassie Jensen said...

So cute! Great job, Christina! Maybe I'll try that for the family Easter dinner Sunday- well, maybe!

Tami said...

I've been wanting to try them. Was it hard getting the coating to look smooth?