Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This one's for Kim..........

Ok, so last night I had the funniest conversation with Braeden. It went something like this:

Me: What was your favorite part of today Brae?
Brae: Science! We are taking care of mealworms!!!
Me: Really? What do you do with them?
Brae: We feed them apples.
Me: So who got to feed them apples today?
Brae: Everyone - we all have our own! (and he said it in that tone, like I should have known that - almost a "duh mom") I named mine Isaac - like our cousin in Utah!
Me: Why did you name it Isaac?
Brae: I don't know - just cuz.......
Me: You don't touch them do you? (fyi - I extremely dislike creepy/crawly things-yuck!)
Brae: Laughing - of course I do mom! It's cool!
Me: Well what do the worms turn in to?
Brae: Beetles
Me: Just so we're clear - you are NOT allowed to bring worms/beetles home, ok?
Brae: But what if my teacher tells me to?
Me: Tell her to call me if that happens.

So Brae likes science a lot. He loves the experiments they do in class. This is what he is taking care of at school:
This is what his worm will turn into:
I think it's absolutely hilarious that he named his worm Isaac. I'll update our blog more later, but I had to get that posted - too funny!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too funny. My nephew did that earlier this year and he thought it was cool too. I wonder if they will make Alexis do it since she freezes with fear when she sees a bug, spider or fly.