Friday, November 27, 2009

An Almost Perfect Thanksgiving

It's a Goff tradition to go to the movies as a family the morning of Thanksgiving EVERY year.......the boy cousins all sat together....Zach, Jared, Brae, Cannon, & Connor :)

this year was no exception........we saw "Old Dogs" - funniest movie!!! I laughed the WHOLE time! Even Ella sat still for the entire movie!

This movie is coming out soon.........and the kids couldn't resist the photo op'!

Cady, Emma, & Ella patiently waiting for dinner......

Almost all the younger kids (Zach asked me when he would be counted as one of the "older" kids).......he strongly dislikes being put in the same category as the younger kids.....hahaha....

Toothless grins.......Jared let me pull his top left tooth, then a few minutes later, Cady pulled her loose tooth herself!

Emma & Lexi working on their loose teeth..........Lexi asked me if I would pull hers too.........she worked on it ALL night, and I tried a few times....but it's not quite ready to come out.........she's got a high pain threshold too....I pulled pretty hard! Lex - you just say the word when you're ready & I'll pull it for you :)

Zach, Brae, & Cannon working on a puzzle........they kept saying "we're almost done!"......

Ella after her Daddy told her no more chocolate..........

Carly played a Taylor Swift song on her phone, Cady knew every single word, singing to it.....Brae knows the song well (his buddy Carson has a HUGE crush on Taylor Swift, so the two of them listen to her music a LOT), so Brae joined in too :)

Brae, Kaelynn, & Jared..........watching cartoons

Connor chilling on the couch.......he'd eaten SO much popcorn at the movies & TONS of pickles as we got dinner ready, that he had a tummy ache....which got better pretty quick & he ate dinner just fine!

Ella posing for Aunt Kelly (thanks for taking cute pics, I borrowed quite a few of them from your FB to post here!)

Connor, Cannon, Emma, & Lexi...........do they ever stop smiling? So cute!

Taylor & Connor.........the cape was worn by many that night!

Thanks to Kelly, I was actually in a picture for once!

Tyler & Mel..........

Mom & Dad...........thanks for hosting a perfect Thanksgiving - it was a great day -we are so thankful to have all of Tyler's siblings living close by! It makes the holidays so special!

The only reason I say "almost" perfect is that I miss my family. Holidays are so hard, each one comes with tears at some point in the day. I wish they would accept me & my family in their lives. We love them anyway, I truly hope they know that. We don't judge, and wish they wouldn't either. Life is so short, I hope they can put the past behind them & I wish they would want to know our kids - they are so missing out on 4 amazing, loving people! I am so thankful to Tyler, he is an amazing husband & father - I am truly blessed to be married to him. I am thankful for the gospel, without it, the absence of my family would be even harder, our trials would be unfathomable...... I am thankful that even though she won't see me, that my baby sister is about to become a mom...in 6 short days she & her husband will welcome baby Kaia into their family....there is no greater blessing than that of being a mom. I love you all!

1 comment:

Hoovy4 said...

Great pictures! What family fun. Good new about your sisters baby - maybe having her own child will open the part of her heart that has been closed and she'll let you meet you niece.