Friday, November 27, 2009

Clownin' Around

So I have to preface this post with some background. My Mom is an amazing seamstress....I remember her making me a princess costume for an elementary school play, many different costumes for Halloween, and even my dress for my Sorority Initiation. While I can sew a little, I have no where near the tallents she does...I'm sure I get my creative side from her.  If you know me well, you know I haven't seen or heard from my mom in almost 7 years. While I miss having my Mom in my life, it's really out of my control....so I just try to get through each day. I hope that we can someday mend things with her, and my dad & sister... So things like this are bittersweet....they make me sad, but it's so nice to have things from my family around :)

Awhile back Reidun found this clown costume at her house & brought it to me....my Mom had made it for me as a kid for Halloween.  I wore it, my sister wore it, & even Reidun's son Jonathan wore it.....and now it's onto the next generation.  Connor has been on a clown kick since he won the juggling set at school...so on the 14th (yes, I'm behind on blogging - AGAIN) he asked if I could pull out the clown costume. We had a clown wig in the dress up & this was the result.....

And as usual, the rest of the kids wanted to get in on the action.........Ella loved the hat!

Zach pulled out a mish-mash of old dress-up stuff & juggled for us........

Have you ever seen a cuter clown?

Braeden - a half doctor, half king get up.....but only juggled with one ball....hahaha....I tried to explain that's not juggling, but he's the kind of kid that doesn't want to fail in front of someone, so he'll practice on his own, and then show you he can do it later.....so he tossed the ball around :)

Ella made off with the patch she swiped from Zach...and was saying "argh!" as I snapped this pic!

No comments: