Monday, December 28, 2009

Hot Spot & Hoop Shoot Competitions

The Monday after Christmas, Tyler had to go in at 5am to work......HUGE bummer, but that meant he would get off earlier than usual! Yes! Little did I realize though...it would mean me having to come into his work that day.  It was the Kent Parks Dept. annual Hot Spot & Hoops Shoot Competitions.......which on that day Zach has always gone to work with his day & participated.  I couldn't imagine making Zach & even Braeden this year, get up that early to go in....so we made a day of it.

Now, we made Zach wait until he was 8 to start going.......Brae is 8 in just 2 weeks, so we thought he could give it a try....but we didn't even consider having Connor go....it's regular hoop height.......just too tall for him. What I didn't take into account was Connor's HUGE determination in his little body.  He was literally bouncing up and down wanting to try the Hot Spot contest.......so we let him give it a shot.

I didn't have Cheyann that day, but did have Paityn.  So the girls & I watched the boys from the stands.

Braeden in the Hot Spot Competition...........taking 3rd place!

Zach in the Hot Spot contest...........taking 2nd place in his division!

Connor............he received as many points as Brae, but also received TONS of penaltys for carrying the ball, not dribbling it...........he's 5, what are ya gonna do, right? The guys at Ty's work loved that he never gave up, running hard & shooting from every spot!

Brae in the Hoop Shoot contest...........

Zach in the Hoop Shoot contest........

It was a fun day - I love our boys! Way to go!!!

No comments: