Friday, December 18, 2009

School Christmas Parties & Sing-Along

I was able to go help out with Zach's Christmas party/carnival this year. Braeden's was at the same time, so he wasn't too happy with me when I explained I wouldn't be in his class helping out. Am I the only Mom that tries to help out with all my kids classes...and sometimes you just can't be in every place at the same time? This is Zach's last year in elementary school, and Brae still has a few years left of me helping out in his class'.

I quickly reminded him that I'd spent the day before baking for his class - they had a "heritage Christmas party", so the kids were supposed to bring in treats/decorations that reflected their heritage....and he requested, specific Swedish Christmas cookies.....which I made :).

Like Halloween, the 5th grade did a huge 4-class carnival.........I was the photographer - fitting I think :)
the Mini-Marshmellow toss........

Candy cane mini-golf..........with buddy Caleb on his last day at our school :(

Zach with friend Cayman....eating one of their prizes....candy bracelets......

Kick the Gift........

Toss the Cookies & Snowflakes......Zach beating neighbor Allen :)

The two Zach's, making ornaments out of lightbulbs.....supposed to be a reindeer, looked more like a viking, lol...

Temporary Holiday Tattoo's.........Tyler was "thrilled" with this when Zach got to basketball practice.....

After the class parties, the entire school had a Christmas sing-a-log.........it was awesome - real Christmas songs, they didn't have to insert the word 'holiday' in it's place....

Each grade had a song they were in charge of.....this was the 2nd grade's song :)

Being the big 5th graders, they sat in the back of the gym...........

ah-ha! Brae found me taking pics! It was a nice way to end day before the Christmas break!


No comments: