I usually make dipped pretzels as teacher/VT/Home Teaching gifts, but I decided to try something different.....baked carmel corn - but i drizzled it with both chocolate & white chocolate.....making it like a Moose Munch treat. I tried a few recipes, but ended up using Rachelle's recipe - the perfect choice I think. She was even sweet enough to say it tasted like her mom made it :) Success!
Each year I make my kids an ornament (or 2, hahaha) - I love seeing them pull out their own boxes of ornaments every year, and seeing the stack of ornaments that I've made them over the years! Usually they get all 4 the same, but this year the boys got Elves, & Ella wanted a purple/pink "Twain Mommy!" - the perk of being home with me when I made them I suppose! The 4th elf was for our new niece Kaia - my sister's brand new baby.
With the help of Julie Avery, I re-learned how to make these socks - a pink pair for Paityn (the 2yr old I watch) and a Christmas pair for Ella - they love to dance around with these on - so cute!
Hooded towel & matching wash cloth for Kaia
Flannel blanket & matching burp cloth for Kaia........(hmm...sensing a trend?)
A stocking for Kaia.......I had made my sister one years ago, so I thought it would be nice for Kaia to have one similar to her Mommy's :)
I loved the snowflakes I found to put on the top of her stocking..........
A second stocking for Cheyann (the baby I watch) - it is her first Christmas after all - I did the top totally different than Kaia's.
Felt ornaments for my amazing mother-in-law........she loves Christmas & crafty things as much as I do - so when I saw a red one like these on another blog - I couldn't resist - they are even cooler in person!
I had all my baking done earlier than usual this year, so I tried something new.......homemade pepermint marshmellows - all I can say is YUM!!!! So good just to eat, but even better in hot cocoa......they are so light & fluffy!
And I even found time to make a tutu for Jersie for her birthday - I loved hearing that she wears it ALL the time - even in just a diaper, lol :) Ella loves her tutu's and told me Jersie needed a purple one!
The kids, Carson, & I even made the dogs homemade dog treats - Chewy & Wes loved them!
The boys after they opened their snowman ornaments.......
I love love love making things - it was a fun holiday season - I'm excited to see what I can come up with for next year!









No comments:
Post a Comment