A bunch of girls (22 or so)got together Friday night for munchies at Sara's before we headed to the 10:30 showing of Twilight, where we met up with a few more friends. Those of you who read our blog regularly, know that Cassie talked me into reading the books....and I was so hooked on them, I read all 4 in 2 weeks (thanks to Cassie & Rachelle loaning them to me!). Ok, so I know I'm crazy for spending so much time on all 4 books - but Joleena has me beat! The snack she brought to Sara's included an red apple, just like the book cover! She's awesome (& she read the books faster than I did)!...even a few ladies had t-shirts (not me).
The movie was fun, especially going with so many friends! Just be sure you never sit on the stairs at the BL movie theater & don't share seats! If Regina is with you, make sure she doesn't lay on anyones laps, or you might get a warning! (Wierd theater employee gave us all of these rules before they would start the movie....very funny!)
I knew going into this that the movie would never be as good as the book, but I had hope. I have to say thanks to Candi & Rachelle for our little side conversations throughout the movie as we compared it to the book..:>) and Cassie & Rachelle for our fun (long) chat after the movie...Tyler was shocked when I walked in the door at 210am! He's a great husband -he stayed up waiting for me!
If you loved the movie, you might want to stop reading now. I liked it, but it had all played so differently in my head when I read the books, that I was a little disapointed. First - Jasper MUST be re-cast - the actor was horrible!!! He reminded me of Edward Scissorhands & acted like he was constipated through the whole movie....when I expected him to look like he was a strong vampire that struggled with his self control. I wished that Edward & Bella would have had more chemistry too...they seemed sooo uncomfortable...for too long into the storyline. I really liked the trio of evil vampires, they acted their parts well, but I could have done without watching them kill everyone - as it was only illuded to in the book. I know the movie is never the same, but why didn't Bella cook for Charlie in the movie? Where did this diner come from? I see Bella & even Charlie as loners, & most of the book was like that - Bella with one character, or a couple at a time.......where the movie was group settings......
Ok, enough of my complaining - I just have 4 requests if we are lucky enough to see book 2 as a movie -
1)Can the vampires PLEASE bulk up a little? The evil trio did......You are supposed to be the dreamy type that everyone wants to be around!....not skin & bones :>)
2)Get a new wardrobe person, Rosalie dressed like a hooker, not the gorgeous model...
3)We can see the white make up on the vampires......hire new make-up artists plllleeeeaaassee!
4)Let's all go to it together - it was a fun night!









No comments:
Post a Comment