Friday, February 6, 2009

Music to My Ears!

Last night was Zach & Brae's Winter Concert at school. The 1st, 3rd, & 4th graders were in this concert. Not sure why they did it this way, but we were happy our boys were in the same one! Their theme was 'Camping USA'. To be honest, I normally dread these things...songs we've never heard of, you usually can't hear or understand the words....you know what I mean.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Connor seemed to be doing better & Ella had seemed fine all day...so we took the whole family. Grandma & Grandpa came too! (Which was really sweet considering I had forgot to call them & only sent an email inviting them on Weds - talk about not giving them any notice!)....this 2 kids sick thing has really thrown me this week!

So next to Brae was Chloe from his class. I hear her name is on the board in class almost daily (that is not a good thing!). She was hilarious to watch, loved the feel of her dress (we were waiting for her to pull it over her head), but she drove Braeden NUTS!
Zach was on the clear other end of the room, middle row, 4th from the right. With that hat backwards & the blue tshirt. He had a blast sitting with Adam, Cameron, & Caleb.

The night was special - Braeden had auditioned for a speaking part - he was awesome!
His part was, "G is for Grand Canyon, a place that has been found to be the world's most beautiful hole in the ground." When he had auditioned, a bunch of kids wanted that part, so he decided to memorize a few different parts to make sure he got one! (Now he said this & within 30 seconds, had the part memorized, & did this same thing with 4 different parts)! He is amazing - I don't think he realizes how smart he really is, but wow - I could never do that! As Braeden went to get up to walk onto stage to do his part, he fell of the back riser onto the floor - it was the funniest thing I've seen in years.....he thought so too, just wish I had been recording that moment!

We got there early & sat with Grandma & Grandpa, the Kucera's, Woodworths, & Ouimet's. Kagen announced, "Ella's my baby girlfriend!" They are sooo cute together, so I'm totally fine with that! Ty & Kyle joked about shotguns in their dating years & Ty reminded Kyle that Ella has 3 big brothers, so we won't even need a shotgun - poor Ella.

Zach also had a part in the Four White Horses, doing a hand game...

Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa for making the drive & supporting our boys - we let it be a surprise when they looked over at us & saw them, they really appreciated it (so do we)!

No comments: