For some reason, the Leprechauns like to play tricks at our house....every year they dye our milk green! Brae was telling us the other day that he saw one of them last year when he got up in the middle of the night....go figure!
So in the spirit of St.Patty's day, I made pancakes using the green milk, actually I made 'plattar' - Swedish pancakes - more like crepes really...but because of time constraints, I made them big. So this was the kids breakfast......served with lemon juice & sugar.....yum!

Brae stayed home sick again....still has a fever poor guy! Well it was a crazy day, cuz framers & flooring guys were coming to fix the hump in our floor....it was the only day they had open for months.......and after fighting the builder for 2 1/2 years that there was even a problem.....we took it! This is what they discovered when the carpet was pulled back. Now picture this in both the family room AND the living room - the entire length of our house - front to back!

It might be hard to see this way, but let me explain...while our house was being built, I noticed a lump in the family room carpet...before our final walk through. The builder said they must have spilled something on the sub-flooring, so they said they took care of it...what we discovered Tuesday was that they pulled the carpet & pad back & sanded down the subflooring....so thin that yesterday when Tyler stepped on it, the framer warned him that he might step right through the floor & get stuck......ugh.....

As they began to work, they discovered that many pieces of flooring where just sitting there, not even nailed to the floor! C'mon - that was absolutely ridiculous! Even the framers said they had never seen such a mess! Thank goodness these guys came in - JM Holland Construction - they are awesome! If you ever need a framer/remodeling done - call them!

So this is what I spent my afternoon making while the kids & I escaped to the Woodworth's house....super convenient that I watch the kids that live across the street! Not nearly as cute as the ones Amber makes for her business, but they were fun. My friend Val had ordered the bare metal clips online & was gracious enough to let me buy 1/2 of them....
Thanks Jen for letting us borrow your home while they workers were taking over our house! I think Sam enjoyed napping in his own bed too! Although, Ella wouldn't sleep.......

Ella was wearing one of her new clips I made all day, but once we got home at 430, this is what she did - she was exhausted! Oh well....

Our boys - Brae was sad he didn't get to wear his shirt to school...so for all that missed it, it read "I'm not lucky, I'm good!" (Zach's -"this is my lucky shirt", Connor's-"Lucky & Charming")
2 comments:
So did the floor get finished in one day? Yikes! Hope you enjoyed your St. Pats anyway! The tee's look great and so does breakfast- love the green! We had asparagus with dinner, not quite as fun, though.
I'm a little behind on my blog-reading.
So sorry you had trouble with the floor! Water damage has to be about the worst thing ever. Glad you got it fixed to your satisfaction.
Wendy
Post a Comment