Saturday, March 21, 2009

New Toy? Tantrums Anyone?

So this is Ella's latest favorite past time......getting into our straw drawer & pulling out dozens of straws to play with.......... Now before you ask why I have a straw drawer - let me explain.... It's a drawer that's only 4 inches wide & nothing else fits in it...so I found a use & it's quite handy actually!
Don't worry - I don't put them back in the drawer! Once she pulls them out, they're disposed of :).
This is Ella's reaction when I started picking them up....major tantrum! Have I mention yet Ella's manners? We try hard to instill good manners with our children, & I think we've been quite successful with our boys....Ella is a different story! Now, she's only 2, so we cut her some slack, but at this age, all the boys would say please & thank you. As soon as Ella started talking, she said "pees" (please)....but over the past couple of months, Ella has developed a major attitude! When she asks for something, she demands it....when we remind her to say please, she says "NO!" & begins her temper tantrum....now she is so stubborn that these can last for an hour! I'm tough & let her scream it out, but I do admit to caving in public sometimes! I already get so many comments about how many kids we have (geez - only 4 for goodness sakes!) that the last thing I want is the stares/glares at the store! So, to all mom's of girls - is this a girl thing, or did we just get "lucky" with Ella? :)

Oh yeah - & I got in 3 miles this morning! Yay! I'm so grateful for friends who go with me.....it totally helps push me to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is the same with Alexis. Last night after putting her to bed she came and said I want to eat. I said she just ate and to get back in bed....she then yelled I want to eat NOW. Fun stuff.

Julie said...

It's a girl thing. I have it times 4!