Friday, May 29, 2009

Family Party for Zach & Connor

On the 17th, we finally celebrated Zach & Connor's birthdays (May 7th & 11th) with most of the family, and some very close friends too.
The Woodworth boys.......right at home :)
Opening presents.........it was a huge crowd of cousins/friends!
The fam.....................
The birthday boys, Zach was so sweet reading Connor's cards to him..........
The cake..........Zach is having a sleepover/movie outing with a few boys in a week, so we chose to make a popcorn cake :)..................
I haven't tried fondant yet, but am so looking for an excuse to...........so this was with 2 rectangular cakes, frosted & stacked.....carved to look like a popcorn box, removing some cake where I attached the "popcorn"....then frosted with white icing & Fruit By the Foot for the stripes (I used a pizza cutter to cut the strips). The "popcorn" is mini-marshmallows. I used 1 tube of sparkle food gel & 1/2 a tube of yellow food gel - mixed those together & then stir into the marshmallows. It was really fun to make & pretty easy too!
Anxiously waiting to be sung to..........
Blowing out the candles..........can't believe Zach is 10 & Connor is 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jumping & goofing off........
Dodge ball anyone?
My good friends.........Cyndi.......(w/adorable Kagen).......
.....and Jen......with Sam (Ella's buddy).
It was a perfect day, weather was great, we are so lucky to have a great family & good friends! Sorry Mannings & Mom and Dad for having it on the weekend you were gone! You were missed!

3 comments:

Julie said...

YOu are so ultra talented and awesome! What a creative mom. How fun!

meng said...

That is such a fun cake! What a great mom!

Camille said...

Love the cake. I may have to use that one, such great ideas.