Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Baby Boy is 5!

Today our baby boy turns 5!!! It's so hard to believe! Connor, we love you TONS & TONS!!! This is Connor this morning - his breakfast choice - Blueberry Pancakes!!! He is always smiling, a little shy until he knows you, but then will be your best friend! He has these amazing eyes that just draw you in.
Connor on New Years Eve with buddy Kagen....
As Mr.Incredible on Halloween.......
Being goofy at a friends birthday......
Connor, we love you so much. We feel so lucky to be your parents. Every day I thank our Heavenly Father that you came to our family. For those of you that don't know, Connor is a twin. I lost his twin during my pregnancy & we feel so grateful that Connor survived that ordeal & that I was able to carry him almost full term! He knows his history & tells us often that his "angel" (his twin) helps him feel safe & to not be scared. We think he got double everything.....double the grins, double the heart, and yes...double the temper - but you rarely see it. He is just an amazing kid!

Sometimes I feel robbed of not having his twin here...like on Connor's birthdays, it is a happy & sad day all at the same time. I had other miscarriages, but that experience is so different. It's hard to explain & I'm sure hard to understand unless you've been through it. Now that Connor is 5, it has gotten easier. Today we focus on Connor & the amazing boy that he is - We LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Cassie Jensen said...

Looks like you guys have been having a fun-filled month! Happy birthday's all around!