Friday, December 12, 2008

Award Season!

So last week both Zach & Braeden had official looking letters sent home & my first thought was "great, what did the boys do?"...but to our surprise they were letters letting us know that on Thursday, both boys were receiving awards at a school assembly - but it was a secret. So I headed to school, with Ella & Sam in tow. Brae was first (they went by grade).

Ella was in her "Monster" mood & after completely emptying the diaper bag, said "Come on Mom" & motioned to me to follow her & proceeded to leave the gym! Now I was along the wall, but right in the middle of the gym, so she had to pass a good 25 parents to get out! (People commented how cute she was, but all I could think of was "great, here we go again!") So we spent the rest of the assembly in the hallway, near the door, so we could hear Zach's name called & I could snap a picture. Once Zach had received his award (Sam's big sister Madi got one too), I was going to sneek out, but wanted to stick around to congratulate the boys, so I waited. - Thank goodness!!! As I was listening from the hallway, I hear Braeden's name called AGAIN! He got another award from his music teacher!
We are so proud of our boys! We love you!!!
The boys with their awards - notice the PJ's ...it was school spirit/PJ day.
Braeden receiving his Music Award for "Riding the Crest in Music".
Zach & Madi receiving their awards for "Working Very Hard to Revise Their Writing".
Braeden receiving his award for "Being Safe in the Classroom and Safe With Others Feelings".

No comments: