Thursday, January 29, 2009

Aprons Made My Day!!!

So my friend Wendy had a contest on her blog and if your name was drawn by her kids, you won an apron made by her.....
Well, I actually won! I never win anything and honestly I enjoy making things, but they are almost always things for my kids or friends. Rarely do I take the time to make something for myself. Little did Wendy know I had just been thinking about wanting a new apron..... Well the other day on her blog she posted pictures of the apron - and to my surprise - she made 2!!! One for me & one for Ella....totally colors I love, totally me. I have been anxiously watching the mail all week - and today the package arrived! Yay! As you can see, Ella LOVED it! (So do I!) As soon as I put it on her, she ran to her kitchen & began playing.....she kept in on all the way until nap time & yelled "stop it!" when I took it off her to put her to bed. :) So, yes, Ella loves her new apron!
Wendy, thank you so much! You totally made our day! It's beautiful, the darts in it are so cute! I will think of you every time I put it on! For those of you who don't know my friend Wendy, you're totally missing out. Our families were in wards together in Auburn, even living in the same neighborhood. I still remember shortly after they moved in, I borrowed a bundt pan for something I wanted to bake...and on my next birthday Wendy gave me my own - such a sweet friend! She is a sweetheart that would do anything for anyone & is very talented! Thank you Wendy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, Christina. I'm blushing. I'm so glad you like them! Enjoy.

Wendy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.