Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flooding, Engagement, What a Day!!!

Today I am so very very grateful we didn't listen to our realtor a few years ago when he urged us to buy a house in Orting.....that town is officially under evacuation because of the flooding here. I'm grateful we are up on the plateau in Bonney Lake- on high ground! One of our neighbors sent us this picture taken today in Sumner - just down the hill from our neighborhood (if you go the back way)..... note that this is right across the street from McAlder Elementary and taken in the morning....I can only imagine what it looks like now! (McAlder has been closed for tomorrow)... Today is also a very exciting day - we got some news we'd been waiting for.....Taner proposed to our niece Megan!!!! Super cute way too...congrats you guys!!! We're very excited for you! Welcome to the family Taner! (I snaged this pic off of Megan's facebook)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The flooding is crazy, we almost bought in Orting too. I remember the flooding of '96 and just could not live there.

Becca said...

Hi! My name is Becca and I'm a fellow marysville blogger!
I found you by clicking on feedjits link for marysville blogs.
I just wanted to pop in and say that it's great to read some other local blogs!
Take care!
Becca
www.beccasfreshfruit.blogspot.com