
We are really home bodies at heart. We love to entertain & have friends and family over, but we LOVE doing things with our kids - so we decided to have a Wii Tournament New Years Party this year. It was really fun, everyone was great sports & I think I played the best I ever have at video games! (I won the whole thing - pure luck....just ask Ty - he usually kicks my behind at video games!) We just had our closest friends this year-I'm comfortable having them as my guinea pigs :>) & their families. We'll have to invite more next year. We missed those of you who couldn't make it - you totally missed out!

We set up a 2nd Wii in the Living Room for the kids & we adults took over our big TV in the familyroom. Ty & I are very competitive, so I had it all planned out. 3 categories - adults,

kids 8 & up, & 2-7 yr.olds......it was perfect!

Everyone brought something to munch on, we got prizes for 1st,2nd, & 3rd in each category: *1st (the coolest Wii Remote candy & Red Hots cuz if you win, of course you're on fire!) *2nd (mini bottles of sparkling cider & candy) *3rd place (these new Nerds Jelly Beans & Milk "Duds" - cuz if you're in 3rd you were a nerd....)

The tournament consisted of MarioKart-Coconut Mall, Carnival Mini Golf-Fairytella, Wii Ski- Level 20, & Bowling 5 frames. I have to admit - the Wii Ski was the most fun of all of them - I hadn't played it until the tournamet & it was a BLAST! Here's a video to make you smile....wait for it, wait for it - watch Rachelle & Cyndi HOP (Aryn told them this would help....it really doesn't, so it was hillarious!!!) - the rest of us have no room to talk though, you don't realize it when you're playing, but you totally get into it - crouching, leaning, as if you were really skiing...too funny! This is definately our new favorite...
(I'll add the video as soon as I get it-it's too funny to miss, check back later!) ...Here is Kyle demonstrating the "crouch"!
...but it's tied for our favorite with Guitar Hero World Tour.....which we played as soon as we finished our tournament - for the rest of the night....

Kagen & Connor -still up waiting for fireworks but totally exhausted!!!

The Anderson's -Maddy was such a trooper & made it to midnight (Ella didn't - she was such a wreck, we finally caved & put her to bed at 11:15).

The kids anxiously waiting to hear the countdown...

The Stevens armed & ready for the countdown...

Here's our actual countdown - the kids were so focused on counting & being ready to shoot off thier popper guns & blow their horns, that once they hit one - they stopped talking/shouting completely....if it wasn't so funny, it would have been one of those totally awkward moments....
Notice that Ty & Kyle were immediatly ready to start up the band again.....you should hear Aryn & Gavin sing - they're pretty good!

We had a great New Years Eve! Thanks for bringing all the hats, horns, poppers, (aka party stuff) Cyndi! It was a fun evening with friends!
2 comments:
Thanks for having us over! We had so much fun. I told Gavin he needs to get me a Wii now.
We had a way fun time. We will have to have another Wii night!
Post a Comment