Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Love Our Boys

So this past Sunday Connor graduated from being a Sunbeam to CTR 5 - let me just say that this was quite the big deal in our house. Just ask Connor - he's "big now like Zach & Braeden". I was talking to my friend Rachelle the next day and she let me know something our boys did on Sunday.

A little back story may help this make more sense....Tyler teaches Gospel Principles & I teach the Course 13 class. So right after Sacrament Mtg., Tyler takes Ella to nursery (if I do, she cries) & Zach or I take his brothers down to primary. Then we hurry off to teach.

Well, as most of you know, each January the kids move up to the next Primary class (according to their age)....on Sunday, the primary kids were asked to stay in the Chapel to find their new teachers.

Our boys, on their own, all helped make sure that Kennedee (Rachelle & Aryn's little girl) knew where to go, & tried to make her feel comfortable as a new sunbeam. Rachelle told me this the next day when we were on the phone. It was one of those, "ahhhh" moments - you always hope your children will do things like this, but when you're not there, you just never know..... I love our boys, they are such good examples. I truely appreciate them - they are always so good at Church too, they sit still & listen. We expect good behavior like this from our children, and we're very proud of them. That evening, the boys dug into their gingerbread house....a last splurge as Christmas break was coming to an end.....normally I wouldn't let them fill up on sugar before bed....but we gave in & they actually didn't eat much, they had more fun breaking it apart. Ya gotta love 'em! Ella of course didn't want to miss out & proceeded to climb on top of the table so she could have some too!

No comments: